Add an additional car to a policy of insurance in the Insurance Agency of Government Employees (GEICO, for short) it is something simple that can be completed via telephone or Internet. Before doing so, you determine how much coverage you need, if you can afford the monthly payments increase in your new deductible and what your costs will be. Although adding another car to your insurance GEICO is simple, it may not be best for your situation. If you know that the person driving the car is unreliable or driving dangerously, you should not add it to your insurance.
- Call the sales department, services and claims the insurance company GEICO at 800-861-8380. Follow all telephone to speak with a customer service representative indications. If you have a local insurance representative GEICO, you can contact that person. Once you get to talk with the representative, you will need to provide your insurance policy number.
- Ask about adding another car to your insurance policy. You need to know the identification number of the other car, the make and model, license plate number, how the car will be used, who will lead, by whom has been funded through the registration number.
- Agree with the amount of coverage you want in the car. There are several types of coverage you can add to your policy. GEICO representative will explain the minimum amount of insurance required in your state for each vehicle.
- Confirms the change in your policy. Added the car will be covered within 24 hours.
- Log in to your Internet account GEICO. If you have forgotten your username or password, you can retrieve them at the official site of GEICO’s home page.
- Click on the tab “Manage your policy” and then “Vehicles”.
- Click on ‘Add another vehicle. “Fill each space with the required information. You need to know the vehicle identification number, the make and model, type of insurance applied, by whom has been funded and the vehicle registration number.
- Click “Submit” to add the vehicle to your GEICO insurance policy.